Creating an account with us
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org in order to begin purchasing from us.
As of September 2020, we only offer upfront payment by credit card or bank transfer for new customers. We are unfortunately unable to extend credit terms at this time.
Shipping and Returns
We offer free shipping on all orders over $500. Shipping is $40 for orders under $500.
We ship within Australia only.
An extremely small percentage of our shipments arrive damaged usually due to handling accidents by delivery personnel. Should you be unfortunate enough to receive a faulty or damaged product please contact us so we can organise a credit or replacement.
Ordinarily, we are unable to accept returns due to a change of mind. Returns will only be approved at our discretion and usually we will only allow this when the book is damaged or wrongly supplied. All return postage and insurance costs are to be incurred by the customer. Please get in touch with us to discuss.
We accept the following payment methods: credit card (Amex, MasterCard and VISA). Your card is charged when you complete the payment process on the website. If we are unable to supply any items on your order we will refund you immediately. For reasons of accuracy and efficiency we prefer not take telephone orders however if it is paramount to you we can take an order over the telephone.
Can I see the status of my orders? When you login to your account you can access your order history, view your recent orders, update your email address, and view your wishlist.
Credit card security
We consider the security of your credit card details to be of the utmost importance. We use Eway, an industry leader. Eway is PCI Compliant. PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) - a set of standards created by card issuers such as Visa and MasterCard to ensure the security of credit card details online. As an online credit card processor, eWAY is subject to standards imposed on the industry by major card issuers such as Visa and MasterCard.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
This web site, including all of its features and content is a service made available by Castlebooks and all content, information and software provided on and through this site may be used solely under the following terms and conditions.
2. Limitations on Use. The Content on this site is for your personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent this site provides electronic commerce, such buying opportunities may be made available for group as well as personal purchasing, so long as you are authorised to make purchases on behalf of such group. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from this site or the content. Nor may you use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy our site or the content without our prior written permission. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of this site, except to the extent permitted above. Any unauthorised use of this site or its content is prohibited.
3. Not Legal Advice. Content is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice and no attorney-client relationship is formed. The accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the content is not warranted or guaranteed. Your use of information on this site or materials linked from this site is at your own risk.
6. Licence of Your Content to us. By uploading content to or submitting any materials for use on this site, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and licence, with right to sublicence, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally display and digitally perform translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed. You agree that you shall have no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to us.
7. No Solicitation. You shall not distribute on or through this site any content or material containing any advertising, solicitation for goods, services or funds or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organisation without our express prior written permission.
8. Advertisers. This site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. We will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in advertiser's or sponsor's materials or for the acts or omissions of advertisers and sponsors.
9. Registration. Certain sections of this website require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide us with accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to that information. Each registration is for a single individual only, unless specifically designated otherwise on the registration page. We do not permit a) anyone other than you to use the sections requiring registration by using your name or password; or b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network or otherwise. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorised use. If you believe there has been unauthorised use, you must notify us immediately at the Contact Us page.
10. Postings in interactive areas of the website.
10.1. Postings to be Lawful. If you participate in interactive areas on this site, you shall not post, publish, upload or distribute any messages, data, information, text, graphics, links or other material (Postings) which is unlawful or abusive in any way, including but not limited to any postings that are defamatory, libellous, pornographic, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inclusive of hate speech, or would constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party, or give rise to liability or violate any local, state, federal or international law.
10.2. Postings to be in Your Name. Your postings shall be accompanied by your real name and shall not be posted anonymously. Participants in interactive areas shall not misrepresent their identity or their affiliation with any person or entity.
10.4. Non-Commercial Use only of interactive areas. Any interactive area of this site is provided solely for your personal use. As a participant, you shall not include in your posting(s) or otherwise distribute on or through this site any content or material containing any advertising, promotion, and solicitation for goods, services or funds or solicitation for anyone to become members of any commercial enterprise or organisation without our express written permission. Any unauthorised use of any interactive area of this site, its content or postings is expressly prohibited.
11. Errors and Corrections. We do not represent or warrant that this site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected or that it will always be accessible. We do not warrant or represent that the information available on or through this site will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. We may make improvements and/or changes to its features, functionality or content at any time.
12. Third Party Content. Third party content may appear on this site or may be accessible via links from this site. We shall not be responsible for and we assume no liability for any infringement, mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on this site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect any belief of ours.
13. Attorney Ethics Notice. If you are an attorney participating in any aspect of this site, including but not limited to reviews, you acknowledge that the Rules of Professional Conduct of the jurisdictions where you are licensed (Rules) apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by these Rules. These Rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, unauthorised practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. We disclaim all responsibility for your compliance with these Rules. You further agree and acknowledge that when you participate in any interactive area on this site, including but not limited to the review section, that you will not offer legal advice, but will only provide general information.
14. DISCLAIMER. THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS, AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. CASTLEBOOKS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. CASTLEBOOKS DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THERE FROM, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS WEB SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR (D) YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. CASTLEBOOKS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND THE INTERACTIVE AREAS OF THIS SITE OR ANY FACTS OR OPINIONS APPEARING ON THE REVIEW AREA. CASTLEBOOKS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED, OUR SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $100.00.
17. Third Party Rights. The provisions of paragraphs 14 (Disclaimer), 15 (Limitation of Liability), and 16 (Indemnification) are for the benefit of Castlebooks and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to the site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
20. Additional Terms.